Wednesday, May 12, 2010

dry land

another new demo, last sneak preview i'll be giving, so hold tight

DRY LAND (mp3)



dust in the corner of my room
turns into a storm while i'm asleep
i reach for a hand in my dream
but i am not offered any relief

walking on dry land seems so strange to me since then
i'd just been floating on a cloud
haven't talked to you since then
i'm in endless suspension
and when i hear your stories i write them down


a hole in the sky where i once saw a face
looking down, right back into my eyes
and here in the road while carousing
and careening i find a thing both dead and gleaming

eyes shining black and fur matted down
there's dirt in the corner of its grin
and the blood's drying now
the same color as the ground
and the flies are coming in

4 comments:

  1. whoa this is gnarly! it reminds my of the imagery in idiot wind by bob dylan off of blood on the tracks

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful. even worthy, i'd say, of self-commenting. no need to pretend, mister. give yourself a pat on the back, and sing it to me once more.

    ReplyDelete