Monday, December 19, 2011

Turn

I have seen the way
Water makes flat
Your hair
In that spot
That gentle
Curve
Between your shoulder blades
Where the sun
Smoothes every morning
As you turn
Your face from the window

I have heard you
Quavering, sing
Mellow and soothing
Smokey and hushed
A song for
Remembering
On green sheets
Wrinkled and ruined
Humming in
My ear

I have felt your
Breathe in
Quicker and softer
Brushed hair
From my
Forehead
Picked you from
Between my
Teeth
Made soft your
Blurry eyes
With heat

Gripped you in
My mold
Twisted between
Your delicate ribs
As you turn
Delighting
Slow between my
Fingers

We’ve wrung
Each other’s tears
Coaxed
Out in smiles
Dried by dry lips
Beeswaxed and cracked
Promising
Promises

Rubbed tender
Our sorest
Remembrances
Smoothed out the
Wrinkles in water
Nibbled at our
Hanging free flesh
As we fold
Together
Into the mystic

1 comment: